The cell was started in January 2019 in the University for promoting and adopting SWAYAM MOOCs and digital learning. The cell conducted a series of awareness meetings with students and faculty members of various subjects to promote SWAYAM MOOCs
Mission:SWAYAM Cell of HNB Garhwal University (A Central University) aims for promoting and implementing SWAYAM online courses, blended/ flipped learning and e-learning in the University.
- To promote SWAYAM Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) in University for faculty, students.
- To promote departments for identifying and adopting the MOOCs for credit transfer in various subjects.
- To increase the awareness about the ICT enabled learning.
- To provide support to the learners enrolled in various SWAYAM courses.
- To provide the support through SWAYAM MOOCs to school students, teachers and the nonformal learners of society.