At present the Department of Botany and Microbiology offers the courses as given below:
- B. Sc. Botany (Annual system)
- B. Sc. Microbiology (Annual system)
- M.Sc. Botany (Semester system)
- M.Sc. Microbiology* (Semester system)
- Ph.D. Botany and Microbiology (After qualifying one Semester pre Ph.D. course)
*Under Self Finance Scheme
Admissions are made on merit basis; however, with the changeover of the University as Central University, the admission process is likely to be completed entirely through entrance examination both for UG and PG levels. Registration for research degree would also be through entrance examination conducted by the University following the norms for the central universities. The details are available in University Prospectus that can be obtained from the Office of the Dean, Student Welfare.