|Other Important Information:
|Seminars / Workshops organized in the Department
||POST GRADUATE STUDENTS’ SEMINARS ORGANISED EACH YEAR AIDS AWARENESS SEMINAR ORGANISED EACH YEAR IN DECEMBER WILD LIFE WEEK CELEBRATED EACH YEAR IN OCTOBER
Research Projects Completed
- Prof Dobriyal worked as Scientist Incharge in All India coordinated Ganga Basin project during 1984-85.
- Ecological studies on the Ecology and productivity of river Nayar - DST Govt of India ( 1988-92) PI Dr. A K Dobriyal)
- Ecology of limnofauna in the small streams and their importance to the village life in Garhwal Himalaya. UGC-(1988-91)PI Dr. A K Dobriyal
- Conservation of Cheer pheasant in Garhwal Himalaya: Current status, distribution. Habitat ecology and behaviour. M O En. Project No 14/14/99/-ERS (2001-04)- PI Dr. M S Bisht,.
- A study on Avifauna of Garhwal Himalaya: Distribution pattern and Bird vegetation associoation. UGC Project No 3/159- S2 (2001-04)- PI Dr. M S Bisht,
Research Projects ongoing in the Department
- Study on Bird fauna of Habitats established with invasive vegetation in Garhwal Himalaya ( GBPIHED, Kosi, Almora- PI-Dr M S Bisht.
- Management of Chukar Partidge ( U-COST)- PI Dr M S Bisht
- Study on feeding ecology of Cheer pheasant. (UGC) PI Dr M S Bisht
|Prof. A K Dobriyal – SPECIALIZATION- FISH BIOLOGY, AQUATIC BIODIVERSITY, BIOTECHNOLOGY
Dr. M. S. Bisht SPECIALIZATION- AVIAN BIOLOGY AND BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION
- 148 Research papers are published in the National and International journals on Fish biology, limnology and aquatic biodiversity
- 15 Research scholars have been awarded D.Phil. Degree of HNB Garhwal University under his supervision and 6 others are working for PhD Degree
- Prof. Dobriyal has research collaboration with NBFGR, Lucknow,Agricultural University, Pantnagar and SBS Institute of Technology, Balawala, Dehradun.
- A new index “Dobriyal Index” has been developed by him for the determination of sexual maturity in fish. Details are already available on internet in the “Dictionary of Ichthyology”
- Research experience of 31 years
- Over 60 Research papers are published in the National and International journals on Reproductive biology and Biology of Pheasants.
- 6 Research scholars have been awarded D.Phil. Degree of HNB Garhwal University and 1 M.Phil. degree of CDLU Sirsa, Haryana under hissupervision. Currently 3 scholars are working for D.Phil. Degree
- Research experience of 25 years
- Dr. C B Kotnala SPECIALIZATION- AQUATIC ECOLOGY
- 19 Research papers are published in the National and International journals.
Any other information
Prof. A K Dobriyalhas following achievements in his academic career
- Young scientist awardee (asian fisheries society, Indian branch)- 1987
- Group exchange awardee (rotary foundation, usa)- 1993
- scientist of the year awrdee (national environmental science academy)- 2002
- Fellow of zoological society of india(1989)
- fellow of society of biosciences india(1995)
- fellow of inland fisheries society of india (2003-5)
- ASEA Fisheries AWARD winner- 2006.
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Environmental Sciences- 2005
- Fellow of Action for Sustainable, Efficacious Development and Awareness,India.2006
- Fellow of Applied and Natural Science Foundation, 2010
- Paul Harris Fellow (Rotary Foundation)-2010
Last Updated on 14/02/2020