U.G Course(B. Sc.) - Three Year degree course (CBCS- 6 semesters)
Admission Process- On the basis of Merit.
Minimum Eligibility- 45 % for General candidates and 40 % for SC/ST candidates
Master of Science(M.Sc.)– Two year course (4 semesters)
Admission Process- On the basis of entrance test.
Syllabus: (for syllabus and other details please visit www.hnbgu.ac.in)
- Radiation protection in Environment
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Material Science
- Particle Physics
- Nuclear Geophysics
Any other Information:
Department has the collaboration with the following organization in the various fields of research.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai.
- Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun.
- Inter University Accelerator Center, New Delhi
Major Facilities Available in the Department:
- Radon/Thoron Nodal calibration center
- High Altitude Cloud Observatory
- Net Radiometer for Measuring Net solar radiation.
- Sun Shine Recorder
- Radon Emanometer, Radon Monitor, Radon Dosimeter
- Spark Counter, Nuclear Track Detectors.
- Constant Temperature Bath
- Environmental Radiation Dosimeter.
- Radiation Counting System, Radiation Monitor.
- Gamma ray Spectrometer.
- Water Analysis Kit
In the Department 25 students have been awarded PH. D. Degree so far
Presently following Students are registered for D. Phil:
- Richa Sharma
- Pooja Panwar
- Krishna Dabral
Other academic Activities:
- Faculty members of the department have published more than 150 research papers in the journals of international repute
- Faculty members of the department are actively participating in various national and international symposia both in India and abroad
- Department has been organizing Seminar/Symposia/Conferences /workshops on regular basis.